Raspberry Pi Reviews for 2017
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Motherboard Featured Product
Table of Contents
- 1 Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Motherboard Featured Product
- 2 Raspberry Pi Main Features:
- 3 Raspberry Pi Books and Projects
- 4 Raspberry Pi Accessories
What makes this Micro-controller so desirable?
- 10 million units sold by September 2016
- Runs the Linux operating system, which means it will run virtually any language, and hundreds of thousands of existing programs.
- It will even run Windows 10 with additional software.
- Many features already built in such as WiFi and Blue Tooth.
- Throw a standard +5Volt USB power supply at it, a Keyboard, a Video or TV monitor, a mouse, and you have a fully working computer system, that is capable of controlling motors, sensors, phones, or virtually any electronic device, you can think of.
Raspberry Pi Main Features:
- 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 CPU, 1 GB RAM
- 802.11n Wireless LAN, 10/100Mbps Lan Speed
- Bluetooth 4.1, Bluetooth Low Energy
- 4 USB ports, 40 GPIO pins, Full HDMI port, Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
- Camera interface (CSI), Display interface (DSI), Micro SD card slot (now push-pull rather than push-push), VideoCore IV 3D graphics core
Other bundles and accessories on offer.
Back in 2012, the stories came out about the new credit card size Micro-controller that would run Linux and was going to sell at $25USD. “No bloody way known” was the reaction of myself and many people in the industry. A multitude of posts appeared in the press and on blogs. It basically went viral.
I felt it was a bit of a fairy tale, and they would either go broke or end up in a horrible mess. But they went on to great success. The price has increased only slightly over those years, and features, as well as capacity, were added in a dramatic fashion. The best part? It was open source, so anyone with enough knowledge could play with the Operating System, and knit it into what they wanted.
I have added one of these blog posts below:
News Reports 2012
The Raspberry Pi Foundation, reports that 5 million+ Raspberry Pis have been sold before February 2015, making it the biggest selling British computer ever. This has risen to 10 Million by September 2016. By the 9th of September 2016, they had sold 10 million.
Accessories are now being bundled in many official and unofficial versions, so the combinations are almost endless and generally represent good value and positive savings for the end user.
What is a Raspberry Pi? from Raspberry Pi Foundation on Vimeo.
Setting up your Raspberry Pi from Raspberry Pi Foundation on Vimeo.
Getting started with NOOBS from Raspberry Pi Foundation on Vimeo.amazon product Reviews, Prices, or BUYKeyword Search
Raspberry Pi Foundation currently has over 40 videos on Vimeo.
Community Forum Links.
Raspberry Pi Project Links.